- Informing the public about the activities and objectives of the project;
- Attracting support for the conservation of the globally threatened Red-breasted Goose and its important habitats in the Natura 2000 network in northeastern Bulgaria;
- Convincing key local groups - farmers, hunters, students - in the benefits of the species and protected areas conservation and the uptake of the new agri-environmental measures.
The project seeks to put across its objectives to the general public and to specialist groups such as farmers, hunters and local fishermen in a variety of ways. These include working with the media, organizing events, maintaining a website and putting signs on on the ground. It is intended to connect with the European ecological network Natura 2000. The campaign will culminate with the annual kite festival at Shabla in order to make the maximum impact on the local community. It is hoped that the campaign will not ony raise awareness locally but also result in sustainable tourism.
- over 20 TV broadcasts covering our work on the conservation of Red-breasted Goose in national and international television.
- dozens of radio broadcasts and interviews on current issues,
- more than 60 print publications, including major articles in prestigious media such as the BBC Knowledge – Bulgaria, Eight Magazine, Hunting and Fishing, Agrozone, The Guardian (UK), Der Falke (Germany), Oiseaux Passion (France) and many others,
- over 500 online publications on different project activities. You can find some of the most interesting ones here.
The project has produced and distributed a range of printed materials most of them can be found in the “Downloads” section:
- brochures, aiming to introduce the project, to raise awareness with farms about existing agri-enviromental schemes
- posters about the Natura 2000 sites
- stickers: 2 different versions featuring the Red-breasted goose
- calendars, 2012 and 2013 versions are out of stock. We will be preparing 2014 and 2015 calendars
- T-shirts, for our staff and volunteers
- Hunter’s Handbook and brochure.
- 17 information signboards which inform locals and tourists about the globally threatened Red-breasted Goose and the rich biodiversity of the area have been installed at key areas of "Natura 2000". You can find these signboards at: Durankulak SPA, Shabla Lake Complex SPA, Kaliakra SPA and Srebarna SPA.
- 19 designation panels for hunters and fishermen that show the allowed places for hunting and fishing and state the rules for carrying out these activities. You can find these signboards at Durankulak and Shabla Protected Areas.
Each year, the 20 best photos taken by amateur photographers at the Kite Festival - Shabla, are exhibited along the prestigious "International Photographic Salon - Varna" (http://fotosalonvarna.org/en/index.html) of , Then the exhibition travels to different towns in the country, meeting the great interest of the local communities.
If you would like to participate don’t miss out on our next kite festival. Dates will come available on our webpage (http://bspb-redbreasts.org) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/kitefestivalshabla).